I talked about the dreaded afternoon slump the other day. While there are lots of great tips to beat this, sometimes it truly comes down to caffeine. I like my coffee with lots of cream & sugar. It’s a bad habit. I hate to have all of that again if I have a second cup in the afternoon, so now I’ve come up with my new favorite way to make iced coffee that isn’t loaded with sugar and half & half. This Banana Chia Coconut Iced Coffee is so so good!
This iced coffee tastes awesome by itself, but it tastes even better with a fancy dollop of coconut whipped cream (I added a tablespoon of pure maple syrup in mine). Here’s an awesome tutorial for how to make it!
Oh, yes. This stuff is heavy, and you don’t need a lot to take this iced coffee to the next level. When I shared this picture on my Instagram, lots of you said you were in love with this as well:
Mmmm – seriously, that cream on the top. D-E-L-I-S-H.
Iced coffee you won’t have to feel bad about- and you don’t have to pay out the nose for a fancy drink out at a coffee shop (another one of my bad habits I’m trying to break!)
- 1 sliced frozen banana
- 1 mug of brewed coffee
- 2 t. chia seeds
- 1 can chilled full fat coconut milk
- 1 TBSP maple syrup (optional)
- Add banana, coffee & chia seeds to the blender.
- Add the liquid from the coconut milk can to the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add ice cubes if desired.
- Whip what's left from the coconut milk can (minus the liquid).
- Add maple syrup if desired.
- Add to the top of the iced coffee - and enjoy!
Like this post? You’ll also like: