This post brought to you by Redpack Tomatoes. The content and opinions are 100% my own.
I’m so glad that my son has always been a good eater, but he has had some major mood swings lately, and he decided that he doesn’t want to touch anything but carbs. I mean, I totally understand that feeling, but unfortunately, we can’t just sit around eating carbs all day. Life isn’t fair, right?
Thankfully, I’ve found a really easy (and delicious!) way to get us all to eat a bunch of vegetables! If your kid loves spaghetti & sauce, I bet they’ll love this meal!
This recipe is super easy and can be customized to use whatever you have in your refrigerator. This is one of our favorite “clean out the fridge” meals. While it can be changed easily, our go-to vegetables are mushrooms, carrots, bell peppers, and zucchini.
Of course, you’re going to need some good tomatoes for the sauce. We love Redpack Tomatoes:
While they taste great, I truly appreciate that they’re non-GMO project verified, packaged in non-BPA lined cans and they’re a family-owned company.. Family Owned. Family Farmed.
Here’s my favorite recipe to get my toddler to eat his vegetables (and actually enjoy it):
- 8 oz mushrooms (chopped)
- 5 large carrots (chopped)
- 2 bell peppers (chopped)
- 2 zucchini (chopped)
- 1 lb. ground turkey/beef (leave this out if you want to keep it vegetarian)
- 28 oz. Redpack Tomatoes Crushed
- 8 oz. Redpack Tomatoe Sauce
- Fresh basil & other spices
- Cook the chopped vegetables for 5-10 minutes. Season with salt & pepper
- In another pan, brown the meat until it’s no longer pink (you can cook it with 1/2 an onion & a teaspoon of garlic if you like as well)
- Combine the vegetables with the cooked meat – cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and the tomato sauce. If you like a thinner consistency, add water until it’s your desired consistency.
- Season with fresh basil & other spices (we love parsley, oregano, and bay leaves).
- Cook on low heat until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve over pasta, and top with some cheese if desired!
My little guy loves this recipe – hope your family does as well!
Yum! Love this idea – thank you for sharing! 🙂