This vintage inspired farmhouse bathroom plan showcases mixed metals, wood tones, and loads of textures.
I’m not sure if this is a very good idea or a very bad one, but I’ve decided to join the One Room Challenge for the first time with one of our biggest projects to date!
If you’re not familiar with the set up of the One Room Challenge, here’s how it works. I’ll be making over this room in six weeks, and I’ll be sharing progress and updates on the room every Wednesday. You’ll essentially go through the whole renovation with me! And there’s lots of other bloggers participating too, so you can be inspired by their makeovers as well.
I originally blogged about our plans to make over our bathroom a few months ago (see the whole post here), but now that it’s actually starting, we changed our plans. I am SO EXCITED for this all to come together!
A few facts:
- This is the only room in our house where we are ripping out walls & changing the layout (moving a door).
- If you’re not familiar with our fixer upper story – come see all about it here!
- We are not doing all of it ourselves – we are hiring out for demo, drywall, plumbing & electric
- We have been saving money for almost 2 years for this renovation, and are SO GLAD the day is finally here that we can begin!
- This is our main bathroom for our whole family (and the only shower/tub). We have a half bath downstairs, but this bathroom is a hard working space for our whole family and will be for years to come.
- By coming to my site, you help to support my business. And this bathroom renovation money has been saved from my blogging income, so I can say it’s thanks to YOU that we’re doing this renovation!
I was trying to figure out the best way to describe our bathroom vision – I think the best way is to say we’re aiming for a vintage inspired farmhouse bathroom. Since our house was built in 1902, we love to find vintage or vintage inspired pieces to incorporate into our rooms. Here’s how we’ll be doing this:
I can’t even tell you how excited I am! The vision I’ve had that’s finally coming to life is getting me all giddy! I’m thrilled to be partnering with American Standard, Barn Light Electric, and Hayneedle for some of the products in this makeover. And of course there will be plenty of DIY projects and tutorials along the way!
Just in case you think we’re starting with some kind of pretty bathroom – I’ll just stop you right there:
You can get a walk through of this space on my Facebook live video – guys…this is NOTHING to be envious of in any way shape or form. It’s just so so bad. And you can see why we’re excited to have this space done after living with it like this for two years!
We had our handyman demo the bathroom earlier this week – so things are already looking “better”:
The good news? There were no surprises found. Everything is in great shape, no rot or mold…all clean and sturdy! Which is really exciting! The bad news? We have SO MUCH TO DO! But all in good time 🙂