Step by step tutorial for how to style a tiered tray – including ceramics, wood accents, pattern, color, and greenery. Perfect to add farmhouse style to your home decor. This post contains affiliate links – full disclosure here.
I’ve had lots of people ask me for advice on how to style items in their home, and I partnered with Hobby Lobby today to show you, step by step, how to style a tiered tray:
How to style a tiered tray:
I made a video to show you exactly how I style a tray, step by step. Watch to see how simple it is (keep reading for more tips & pictures)
Simple, right? It’s just a few easy steps:
- Start with your tiered tray of choice (this one is really similar)
- Add ceramic pieces
- I love to add contrast with the ceramics
- Work with odd numbers – 1, 3 or 5
- Add some warmth with wood tones & textures
- I used wood & rope balls
- I also used my DIY wood bead garland (tutorial here)
- Add a pop of color or pattern
- This mug was the perfect unexpected pop of color AND pattern among all of the neutral colors.
- Add something personal
- I made a little DIY monogram from a wood slice to personalize it a little bit – as well as one of my Christmas gifts.
- By personalizing your tray, it adds a touch of “you” that makes it truly unique!
- Add greenery
- The finishing touch! I loved the greenery I found at Hobby Lobby – the succulents that hang down had a great weight to them, and then the eucalyptus branches added some variation in texture and style.
And don’t forget to decorate around your tray too! I used a white pitcher and this adorable sign.
By following those steps, you can make your own styled tray that will be unique in your own home!
One of my favorite things about this tray? Everything was found at Hobby Lobby! And it was really affordable too – especially with a coupon.
If you like this post, please pin it on Pinterest here!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hobby Lobby. The opinions and text are all mine.
My problem with my black wire tiered stand is that the bottom of each layer is rounded like a bowl… hmm
I have one of those too! I have used small wreaths in one or both layers to create a base. I have also hung pieces from the top handle.
Audrey Johnson says
Very pretty. Looks difficult until you break it down step by step. Thanks for sharing.