Learn how to make your own DIY faux fiddle leaf fig in a few easy steps – no watering or sunlight required! Perfect faux plant to add that pop of greenery to your home decor. Affiliate links are included – full disclosure here.
Let’s start off by admitting something – I am terrible with house plants. Legitimately terrible. I swoon over everyone’s fiddle leaf fig trees, but I just KNOW I’d spend money on one, get attached, and then swiftly kill it. I just know myself after 31 years.
So when I saw some fiddle leaf fig branches at Homegoods, I got the idea to take matters into my own hands, embrace the black thumb, and make my own faux fiddle leaf fig:
I posted it on Instagram, and SO many of you wanted to see how I made it. It feels silly even writing it out, but here’s the incredibly easy way to make your own!
DIY faux fiddle leaf fig
What you’ll need (affiliate links included):
- Fiddle leaf fig stems (I used 3).
- I got mine for $14.99 each at Homegoods, but I found them here for an even better price.
- A tall container with a thinner “mouth”
- Look around your house for something you’re not currently using, or go look for a good yard sale purchase. You won’t see this container so it doesn’t matter what it looks like!
- Spanish moss
- Large basket
- This will depend on the height of your container- make sure it covers the top of the vase/container you use
Once you have your materials, it’ll take you about 5 minutes to put together! Hooray for simple DIY projects!
Cut (or fold if you’re lazy like me) your stems at varying lengths. This is what mine look like:
Stick the vase or container in the basket, and then put the stems in the container:
And cover up the top with spanish moss:
Fluff the leaves until you have them the way you’d like, and then you’re done! No watering, sunlight, or maintenance needed. Perfect for any black thumbs out there 😉
pillow from this shop – one of my favorites!
I love this touch of greenery that I don’t have to worry about wilting in our hallway:
If you like this post, make sure you share it on Pinterest here!
And if you don’t want to DIY this project – you can shop for faux fiddle leaf figs here:
More simple DIY farmhouse home decor projects: