Learn how to design a kitchen dining area you’ll love with this vintage inspired farmhouse dining design board and shopping guide.
I’m doing it … again.
Call me crazy, but I’m joining the One Room Challenge again this fall! Ahh! Remember our (insanely crazy) bathroom makeover in the spring?
You know what I loved about the One Room Challenge last time? The interaction with all of you. You guys loved walking through the whole design process with me, and seeing the obstacles that came along as we went through our renovations. I felt like I had a whole team cheering me on, and it was super encouraging!
This makeover isn’t NEARLY as big, but it’s super exciting! We’re going to be making over our dining area in our kitchen. This is what it looks like today:
I’ve made a few changes over the past year (new rug, new chandelier) but here’s the plan I have for the next 6 weeks:
Did you seeeee? I’m planning on doing another brick wall and I am SO EXCITED ABOUT IT.
DETAILS (affiliate links included)
- Paint color: Revere Pewter
- We LOVE this color in our home – and I get asked about it all. the. time. I’m going to get it lightened up 75% to keep the tone, but make the walls lighter.
- Read more about our current house wall colors here
- Brick wall
- I got ours on Craigslist a few years ago – it needs to be repainted.
- See my best tips for finding vintage farmhouse items on Craigslist for CHEAP here.
- Dining chairs
- I haven’t commited to these 100% yet – I have a few options I’m trying to decide between! But these are the front runner right now!
- The price is SO GOOD on these, which kind of makes me want to buy them over other (much more expensive) ones
- Rug (got this on an amazing Memorial Day sale last year)
- My husband built our table with these plans from Shanty2Chic a few years ago (love it!!)
- If you’re not up for building a table, there’s a LOT of options here that aren’t badly priced!
This makeover will involve lots of painting- my favorite way to transform a space on a budget! The only things we’ll be buying are 3 chairs, and we’ll be buying the bricks for the wall. And besides that, I’ll be spending a lot of time at my paint store, and I’ll be spending lots of time in my paint clothes!
I can’t WAIT to share the whole process with you! This will be a good one – I can feel it!
Make sure you’re following on Instagram to get all of my behind-the-scenes looks into our projects in my stories!
This is part of the One Room Challenge, where I’m a guest participant