Our budget friendly small bathroom makeover – complete with luxury vinyl plank floors, beadboard wallpaper, and DIY projects anyone can do!
It’s been 1.5 months since I shared our budget friendly small bathroom makeover plan, and I am honestly shocked at how quickly this bathroom came together! In the meantime we had Christmas and New years, and of course…just life homeschooling the kids and working. This makeover was done on a tight budget and I LOVE how it turned out!
Come on in and see the transformation in this small space:
Our small bathroom makeover:
I worked hard to document the whole process on video…take a few minutes to walk through the process with me by clicking “play” on my bathroom makeover video! Then make sure to keep scrolling to see the finished pictures and sources (at the bottom of the post)
You know what I love about this makeover? Anyone can do it!
We made this chunky wood mirror frame to use with our existing mirror.
We made this same frame in our last bathroom makeover – click here to see the instructions for this easy DIY project that so many people have re-created in their own homes!
Paint colors for the bathroom:
We used leftover paint that we already had on hand for this makeover. By doing this, we saved money, but we also made the bathroom decor fit with the rest of the house.
Here’s the paint colors we used:
- Green: Sherwin Williams “Retreat”
- White: Untinted Benjamin Moore semi gloss trim paint (which is what we use on all of the trim in our home)
- Dark gray (on the vanity): Sherwin Williams “Iron Ore”
How we saved money on this bathroom makeover:
We had so many opportunities to save money with this makeover! Here’s how we saved money:
- We kept the existing vanity, and just painted over the bottom part.
- Installed affordable luxury vinyl planks over the existing floor.
- Didn’t touch the shower/bath, but adding a new shower curtain freshened it up a lot.
- DIY’ed our wood mirror frame.
- Installed the new light fixture on our own.
- Bought affordable art on Etsy.
- Used affordable bead board wallpaper to add character to the walls.
I really can’t believe how far this little bathroom has come in such a short amount of time!
It’s the perfect space for our kids to have as a shared bathroom space, but also can serve as a guest bathroom for anyone who is visiting us. It also fits so well with the rest of our house – I just couldn’t be happier with how it came together!
Shop our small bathroom makeover products here:
Simply click on the pictures to be brought to the affiliate links (FYI: I make a small commission if you decide to purchase, but it’s always at no extra cost to you!)
If you liked this bathroom makeover, would you share it on Pinterest? This helps you to save it for later but also helps share it with others (which helps my content to stay free!) Thank you so much!